Students who successfully complete the Diploma of Nursing are required to apply for registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency). Upon graduation, students who successfully complete program are encouraged to apply for a position within the Graduate Program offered at Greenslopes Private Hospital however employment is not guaranteed.
To apply please supply a cover letter outlining your reason for wanting to undertake the Diploma of Nursing and also address the following essential selection criteria:
- All students will need to complete, prior to enrolment, a Basic Key Skills Builder (BKSB) assessment and achieve a competency of at least Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy. This is a requirement in accordance with TAFE Queensland and the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC).
- Students schooled outside of Australia must provide evidence of a formal English language test result, demonstrating they have achieved the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) specified level of English language skills.
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
- Be prepared to participate in allocated vocational Placement
- Have access to the internet and have an email account
- Possess good interpersonal skills and function effectively in a team
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development
- Willing to embrace the values of the Ramsay Way
- Possession of or ability to obtain a National Police check and Blue Card
- Details of 2 contactable professional employment related referees
For information about course structure – please see attachments
If you meet this selection criterion, please register your application by clicking on ‘Apply Now’.
For further information please contact Kylie Geake on 07 3394 7781.
Close Date: Friday 17th April 2020