Greenslopes Private Hospital
HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
Greenslopes Private Hospital and TAFE Queensland developed a partnership in 2008 that lead to the delivery of an integrated and innovation Diploma of Nursing program.
The course is delivered theoretically and practically on campus at Greenslopes Private Hospital. The program enables you to put directly into practice what you have learnt in the classroom.
The course structure of a maximum of three days per week on campus and online learning offers you flexibility.
Greenslopes Private Hospital is a flagship hospital for Ramsay Health Care. It is renowned as a world class tertiary and teaching hospital and offers a comprehensive range of inpatient and day services across all adult specialities.
The course takes just 18 months to complete, is offered via a full-time study load, and offers two intakes per year in January and July. You'll combine both on-campus and online learning, starting with theoretical classes at Greenslopes Private Hospital two days a week for approximately the first 17 weeks. After this, classes will reduce to one day a week and you'll combine this with self-directed online learning activities.
Successful completion of the course will provide you with a nationally recognised qualification. Upon completion you may be able to apply for a one year direct credit in the Bachelor of Nursing programs offered by various universities.
Vocational placement will commence after the completion of the first 17weeks of classes and will require you to attend 2 days a week. These shifts will be a combination of early (7:00am to 3:30pm) and late shifts (2:30pm to 11:00pm). Students will complete all vocational placement requirements at Greenslopes Private Hospital.
You will complete a minimum of 4 rotations through the hospital during your program allowing you a variety of ward and speciality based experiences.
Greenslopes Private Hospital provides facilitators to support, mentor, guide and assess you throughout your placement.
For the most up to date course fees, visit the TAFE Course Information page
In addition to your course fees, you'll also need to pay a once-off cost of $50 (including postage and handling) for a USB containing offline content and training materials.
You'll will be required to purchase uniforms that you'll need to wear whilst on campus at Greenslopes Private Hospital. The approximate price for these uniforms is $124 which includes two polo shirts and two bottoms (i.e. skirts or pants).
- Be a permanent resident of Australia
- Be prepared to participate in allocated vocational placement
- Have access to the internet and have an email account
- Possess good interpersonal skills and function effectively in a team
- Demonstrate commitment to ongoing professional development
- Willingness to embrace the values of the Ramsay Way
- Possession of or ability to obtain a National Police check and Blue Card.
- In addition to the above, you'll also be required to complete a Basic Key Skills Builder (bksb) assessment. You must achieve a competency of at least Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) in both reading and numeracy. This requirement is in accordance with TAFE Queensland and the Australian Nursing and Midwifery Accreditation Council (ANMAC).
- Students schooled outside of Australia must also provide evidence of a formal English language test result, demonstrating they have achieved the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) specified level of English language skills.
Fill out the application form in the “Start Your Application” on Greenslopes /TAFE Partnership Program Webpage
You'll receive an email with a student number which will enable you to complete a Basic Key Skills Builder (bksb) assessment.
Upon successful completion of your bksb you'll receive an email inviting you to attend an online information session hosted by Greenslopes Private Hospital and TAFE Queensland.
Following the webinar, and pending submission of all required documentation, successful applicants will be offered a position within the program.
Students who successfully complete the Diploma of Nursing are required to apply for registration with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency). Upon graduation, students who successfully complete program are encouraged to apply for a position within the Graduate Program offered at Greenslopes Private Hospital however employment is not guaranteed.
If you would like any further information, please provide your contact details (name, email address and contact phone number) to email@example.com
TAFE Queensland RTO: 0275 CRICOS: 03020E TEQSA PRV13003
Diploma of Nursing - Student's Perspective
Diploma of Nursing - Coordinator's Perspective