We believe it’s important to be as prepared as you can when it comes to the birth of your child. Which is why we offer comprehensive childbirth and parenting classes for all out expectant parents to be.
The classes are run by our experienced clinicians, who will help to empower and support you through this exciting chapter. We also believe it’s important to feel comfortable in your environment and where you will give birth which is why all our classes include a tour of the maternity ward.
Before you book your class, make sure you have completed your admission form.
Antenatal Learning Centre
To access our comprehensive library of antenatal information please visit our antenatal learning centre click here
Bookings and more information
We recommend attending education sessions after 30 weeks gestation. However, you can book your class as soon as you receive your letter confirming your hospital appointment. We recommend doing this straight away to avoid disappointment and to ensure your preferred placement as we limit class numbers to ensure a personal and conducive teaching environment.
We limit class numbers to ensure a personal and conducive teaching environment.
- If your partner is unable to attend a particular session, you may bring another support person (over 18 years of age). We also ask that you or your partner do not attend classes if you are unwell or suffering from known diseases such as chickenpox, whooping cough, measles or shingles.
- The cost of the classes includes educational material and light refreshments
- During the all day workshop, morning tea, and lunch are provided
- Receipts for your classes will be given following completion of your program
- A refund for classes may be possible depending on your level of cover with your health fund. Please check with your health fund
For any enquiries regarding classes, please email us: Ward27sec.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3394 7859.