Maternity Physiotherapy Clinic & Classes
Pregnancy is a time when you may experience new and unwanted symptoms as your body changes. At Greenslopes we have a team of experienced Physiotherapists who are passionate about working with pregnant and postnatal women providing advice and treatment to help ensure a healthy, uncomplicated pregnancy and recovery in the postnatal period.
Antenatal classes and consultations
At any point throughout your pregnancy, you can book an appointment for advice and treatment across a wide range of issues including but not limited to:
- Back or pelvic pain
- Weakening of your pelvic floor muscles
- Incontinence or bladder issues
- Safe exercise programs
- Advice on keeping your abdominal and pelvic floor muscles strong
We strongly encourage a Physiotherapy consultation at approximately 18-20 weeks gestation.
Click here to book an appointment to our outpatient clinic
We also encourage all expectant mothers to attend Greenslopes Antenatal classes, where we have an experienced Physiotherapist join for the portion of the day and discuss:
- Physical changes in pregnancy and posture
- The importance of pelvic floor exercises during and after pregnancy
- Stomach muscle separation during pregnancy and ways to reduce this
- Labour pain management tips
- Advice on safe exercise in pregnancy.
Click here to book your education antenatal class
Inpatient Hospital Consultation and Class
As part of your stay with us we will provide you with a Physiotherapy consultation on the Maternity Ward a few days after you have delivered your baby, where we will:
- Ensure you can comfortably get out of bed and mobilise
- Provide you with an individualised pelvic floor exercise program
- Discuss baby handling tips and explain Tummy Time for baby
- If required, we can prescribe abdominal support garments to assist the healing of your stomach muscles
We run a group education class for mums twice a week on the ward where we will discuss a range of topics to assist in recovery throughout the postnatal period.
6-Week Postnatal Check
It’s important to book a 6-week postnatal Physiotherapy appointment at our outpatient clinic.
This is important for your postnatal recovery where we will ensure you are managing your pelvic floor exercise program, check your stomach muscles for any separation, and assess for any ongoing bladder issues or musculoskeletal complaints.
Ramsay Health Plus Outpatient Clinic
All outpatient maternity appointments take place at Ramsay Health Plus within Greenslopes Private Hospital.
Phone: 07 3394 7890
Address: Greenslopes Private Hospital, Specialty Clinics Ground Floor, Administration Building Newdegate St (via Gate 1) GREENSLOPES Q 4120