Patients can present themselves to our Emergency Centre 24 hours a day or alternatively in an emergency call 000 and ask to be taken to Greenslopes Emergency Centre for immediate assistance.
Our new and expanded state-of-the-art emergency centre is one of the largest private emergency centres in Brisbane, staffed 24/7 by a team of highly trained doctors and nurses. No referral or private health insurance is required to be seen in the Emergency Centre.
We provide rapid emergency care and have access to a wide range of tests, specialists, and treatments. Whether you present by ambulance or private transportation, you will be assessed in a timely manner and your care will be prioritised according to the urgency of your presenting condition.
Fees and payment
- As a private emergency centre, we are classed as an outpatient clinic and as such there are fees payable for service.
- The out-of-pocket fee is $175 - $205 depending upon the time of your presentation.
- Additional costs will be charged from our third parties from x-ray and pathology.
- Private health insurance is not required for treatment in our department. If admission into hospital is required, options for your care will be discussed with you at the time
- Please pay your account in full, our staff will process your claim to Medicare (for eligible patients).
Acute Cardiac Care - Emergency cardiac situations receive rapid access through our emergency department where a team of experts are on hand 24/7 to diagnose, treat and manage these conditions as fast as possible.
Sporting Injuries – Our Sports Injury Service provides rapid, fast tracked, and discounted care to people who are injured while playing or training for a recognised sporting club or school. See below for more detail.
Sports Injury Service
Our Sports Injury Service is available to people who are injured while playing or training for a recognised sporting club or school and who present at Greenslopes Emergency Centre.
The discounted fast track service includes:
- Immediate clinical assessment
- Initial treatment
- Referral to a specialist if required
Eligible patients accessing the Sports Injury Service can receive a reduced out-of-pocket fee of $75 after the Medicare rebate.
Terms & Conditions
- Discounted fees apply to the Greenslopes Emergency Centre only; normal fees and private health insurance cover apply if visits result in admission to the hospital.
- Fee includes a plain X-ray and pathology.
- Additional fees apply for additional radiology, splints, crutches, or pharmacy products.
- Patients must also hold a valid Medicare card.
Our expert team of medical and clinical staff will assess and treat any workplace injuries in a timely, streamlined, and efficient manner.
- Private health insurance is not required in these instances.
- Injured employees will not incur any personal expenses if their employer has WorkCover, due to our direct billing arrangement.