Childbirth Education Classes
Our Childbirth Education classes are conducted by experienced midwives for pregnant women and their partner or support person. These classes give you the opportunity to learn more about what to expect during pregnancy, labour, birth, breastfeeding and caring for your new baby at home. A tour of the Maternity Unit is included in all classes.
- Pregnancy advice and coming to hospital
- Labour and birth
- Management of pain and unexpected outcomes
- Parenting and the newborn
This class is provided in two different format options:
- Tuesday evening classes – four (4) consecutive weeks from 6.30pm-8.30pm. Supper will be provided.
- Saturday all day classes – one (1) all day class from 8.30am-4.30pm. Lunch will be provided.
Please book the required classes as soon as possible to ensure your preferred placement by calling Maternity Reception on 07 3394 7859. These classes are for those who are having a natural birth, and are not booked in for an elective caesarean. Class numbers are restricted to maintain a personal and conducive teaching environment.