The Cancer Care Navigator
Aims to support a positive experience for you during your cancer care pathway. Cancer patients receiving treatment at Greenslopes Private Hospital have access to personalised, individually tailored care through our Cancer Care Navigation service.
Cancer Care Navigators are specialist nurses who have extensive experience in cancer care and able to guide patients and carers through this complex path. They will provide education, emotional support and information for patients and carers during and after treatment.
The role of the Cancer Care Navigator
The Cancer Care Navigator provides evidence-based information from diagnosis through to post treatment and into survivorship.
- An active link between you and your treating teams (doctors, nurses, allied health and GP)
- Help to address any identified concerns and assist with setting any goals you may wish to achieve at each step in your treatment pathway
- Referral to multidisciplinary support services to meet patient needs
The Cancer Care Navigator aims to:
- Work alongside the multidisciplinary team caring for you including your treating specialist, nursing staff and allied health support
- Provide additional information about the cancer care pathway including, treatment, related side effects and recovery
- Support referral and links to other services e.g. exercise, nutritional support, psychology services, social worker
- Provide a link and access to community services
- Assist you to understand your treatment plan including surgical procedures, chemotherapy or immunotherapy, radiotherapy and other treatments dependent on your cancer diagnosis
- Help you understand side effects and symptoms of systemic cancer treatments
- Guide you through the maze of terminology, manage unwanted side effects, offer emotional support if needed and always be available to answer questions or concerns for patients and carers
Cancer Care Navigator contact details:
P: 07 3329 4748