Cancer Wellness Program
As part of Greenslopes Private Hospital’s holistic approach to cancer care, we offer a special program which is supported by the Gallipoli Medical Research Foundation.
The Cancer Wellness Program has been designed to provide education and support to Greenslopes Private Hospital cancer patients and their carers. It identifies specific needs and facilitates services including counselling, dietary advice and exercise techniques.
Our patients have access to monthly education seminars which are designed to provide practical help, emotional assistance, and other necessary tools to optimise patients’ wellbeing and ensure a smoother pathway to a better future.
2019 Education Seminars:
- 20th February - The Mindful Art of Journaling
- 13th March - Acupuncture, Qigong and Self- Massage
- 10th April - Survivorship
- 13th May - Finance, Superannuation and Legal Services
- 1st July - Carers
- 10th July - Essential oils, kinesiology & Mental Health Self-Care
- 12th August - Journaling (Family History and Memoir Writing)
A part-time Clinical Nurse has been appointed as the Cancer Wellness Program Coordinator.
Patients who have completed lengthy treatment at both our Cyril Gilbert Cancer Centre and inpatient unit may also receive a follow-up phone call to ensure a smooth transition post treatment.
To find out more about Cancer Wellness Program, please call (07) 3394 7581.