Prostate Cancer Nurse
Greenslopes Private Hospital is home to the only Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse at a private hospital in South East Queensland. This position is part of The Prostate Cancer Specialist Nursing Program, which was established to meet the needs of men living with prostate cancer. It is also the first role of its kind in Australia, coordinated through the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA).
Prostate cancer is the most commonly detected cancer in Australian men, with more than 16,000 Australians expected to be diagnosed this year.
Our Prostate Cancer Nurse offers specialist care for patients through the entire cycle of treatment. He provides support immediately after diagnosis through to post-treatment support.
The role also includes:
- Acting as a point of contact and support for men and their families/carers
- Providing reliable information and education about diagnosis and treatment plan
- Coordination of care throughout the cancer journey
- Improving access to specialists and services
- Assist with access to hospital and community based services during and after treatment
- Providing information on dealing with the effects of treatment and how to get further help to deal with specific problems being experienced
- Providing information about support groups
The Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse can be contacted via switch on T: (07) 3394 7111 or E: email@example.com