Ramsay Health Care congratulates doctors recognised on the King’s Honours List
Jun 15, 2023
Ramsay Health Care congratulates several medical specialists in its network who have been recognised on the King’s Birthday 2023 Honours List.
This year’s Honours List recognised a total of 1,192 Australians, including awards in the Order of Australia, meritorious awards, and recognition for distinguished and conspicuous service.
Ramsay doctors included on the list include:
- Hollywood Private Hospital’s Dr David Blacker, named a Member (AM) in the General Division for significant service to medicine, and to neurological research.
- Ramsay Clinic Northside’s Professor Philip Boyce, named a Member (AM) in the General Division for significant service to psychiatric research and education.
- Castlecrag Private Hospital’s Dr Brett O’Donnell was awarded an OAM Medal acknowledging his service to Ophthalmology.
- North Shore Private Hospital’s Professor Michael Tonkin, named a Member (AM) in the General Division for significant service to medicine as a hand surgeon, and to professional associations.
- Greenslopes Private Hospital’s Professor Michael Whitby, named a Member (AM) in the General Division for significant service to medicine in the field of infectious diseases, and to tertiary education.
Ramsay Health Care Australia CEO, Carmel Monaghan, thanked these doctors for their valuable contribution to healthcare, to Ramsay and to their patients.
In a message online, the Governor-General His Excellency General the Honourable David Hurley AC DSC (Retd) said: “Recipients have made substantial contributions and had a significant impact at the local, national or international level. Some are volunteers, others have had a remarkable impact in professional roles – many have done both. They are all inspiring and their service is valued by us all.”